Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (Double Chocolate)
1/2 cup Butter – at room temperature
1/2 cup Shortening – at room temperature
3/4 cup White Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs – at room temperature
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 cups Plain Flour
2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat Oven to 180°C. (350°F.)
2. Mix all dry Ingredients: Flour, Cocoa Powder, Salt, baking soda.
3. Mix all wet ingredients: butter, shortening, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Once wet ingredients are slightly fluffy, mix in the dry ingredients.
Mixing for a couple of minutes.
5. Once all ingredients are mixed, add the chocolate chips in and stir for another 30 seconds.
6. Place chunks of the dough on a greased or non-stick cookie sheet.
Make sure to spread them apart.
7. Place in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
For gooey chewy cookies, leave in for 7 minutes.
8. Take cookies out and let them cool on a wire rack, cutting board or a plate
for at least a few minutes before eating.