1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1+3/4 cup Quick Cooking Oats
1+1/2 cup Plain Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2/3 cup Unsalted Butter – at room temperature
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups Maraschino Cherries
1) In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda,
2) Melt the chocolate in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl cream together the sugar and butter,
add vanilla and eggs and mix to combine.
Whisk in the melted chocolate.
3) Stir in the dry ingredients, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4) Preheat your oven to 180°C. (350°F.).
5) Drop by tablespoon full on a non-stick baking sheet and using your index finger
make a little indent into each ball of dough.
Insert 1 cherry into each one.
6) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and let cool completely before serving.
Makes about 48.