Chunky Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
1+1/2 cups Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter – at room temperature
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Peanuts – coarsely chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C.(375°F.)
Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a bowl, combine together the flour, salt and baking soda, set aide.
3) In a large bowl, cream together
the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar,
add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla
and mix everything well.
4) Add the dry ingredients and mix just enough to incorporate all the ingredients together,
add in the chocolate chips.
5) Using a small ice cream scoop,
drop the dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet and flatten each one with either your fingers or a fork.
6) Bake for about 9 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden,
let them cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet and
then transfer them to a wire rack to cool them completely.
Makes about 36.