210 g (7 oz) Dark Cooking Chocolate
180 g (6 oz) Butter
75 g (2+1/2 oz) Sugar
1 tablespoon Flour
Icing Sugar for decoration
Butter for greasing the tin
* Greaseproof (baking) paper
* Aluminium foil
1. Grease an 20 cm (8”) baking tin with butter and line it with greaseproof paper.
Grease the paper with butter.
Wrap the outside of the tin with aluminium foil.
2. Melt the chocolate, butter and sugar together gently in a pan with stirring.
Once it is fully mixed and melted, turn off the heat.
3. Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl and mix in the flour.
Add the chocolate mixture slowly to the eggs while stirring with a whisk.
4. Once the mixture is smooth, pour it into the cake tin.
Allow the mixture to stand for about 10 minutes to allow any bubbles to rise to the surface.
5. Place the tin in a larger baking tray and add boiling water to the tray to a depth of about 3 cm (1″).
6. Bake at 180°C. for 35 to 40 minutes.
The centre of the cake should be cooked, but soft.
7. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool for about an hour.
8. Remove the cake from the tin and peel off the paper.
Turn the cake upside-down onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
9. Dust the cake with icing sugar and serve with cream or ice-cream.