1/3 cup Bitter-sweet Chocolate – chopped
1 tablespoon Water
1/4 teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder
1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
1 Egg Yolk
1 Egg White
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1) In a bowl, whisk the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks,
and then place it in the refrigerator while you work on the rest of the recipe.
2) In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes thick and pale in colour and the sugar dissolves,
3) In a small saucepan, add about 3 cm (an inch) of water and bring it to a simmer.
Place a small bowl over the saucepan and add the chocolate, water, espresso and butter
and over a very low heat,
cook everything together just until the chocolate melts.
4) Spoon 1/4 of the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture and mix it just enough to combine.
Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the small bowl over the simmering water in the saucepan with the remaining chocolate mixture,
add the vanilla extract and stirring constantly,
cook over low heat for a couple minutes or until the mixture thickens.
Let it cool for a few minutes stirring frequently.
5) In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks.
Fold the egg white in the cooled chocolate mixture.
6) Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped heavy cream being careful not to over mix
otherwise the heavy cream will lose its texture.
7) Pour the mixture into cups and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours.